You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Target TENS unit offers pain relief from a wide range of conditions including back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, period pain and spondylitis.
The Target TENS is simplistic in design, portable, and includes 6 operating modules specifically designed to provide safe and effective pain relief at the touch of a button. The multi-turn rotary controls provide additional intensity control for a more personalized setting.
The Target TENS uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relieve pain by a) helping the body to release natural painkillers (called endorphins) and b) by blocking pain signals to the brain.
Self-adhesive electrode pads are connected to the skin which deliver small electrical impulses to the nerves, providing drug-free, long-lasting pain relief in the comfort of your own home.
HOW “TENS” WORKS
T.E.N.S. stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
T.E.N.S. stimulates your body’s own natural defenses against pain, namely the release of endorphins. TENS is totally safe and has been used successfully by thousands of pain sufferers.
TENS sends a gentle stimulation through the skin which works in TWO ways:-
It stimulates the sensory nerves, which carry touch and temperature signals. These nerves go to the same connections in the spine as the nerves carrying pain. A strong sensory signal will block the pain signal travelling up the spine to the brain. This is known as closing the “Pain Gate” and takes effect quite quickly after the unit is switched on. You can use TENS several times a day, for as long as you like.
At low frequency settings, and slightly stronger outputs, TENS drives the motor nerves to produce a small repetitive muscle contraction. This is seen by the brain as exercise, and this promotes release of endorphins - your body’s own natural pain killer. The relief builds up and normally takes about 40 minutes to reach a maximum level which can last for hours after the machine is switched off.
By using TENS you can expect to achieve a significant reduction in pain if not complete relief from pain.
There are no known side effects to TENS use and long-term TENS use is not harmful.
Key features of the Target TENS include:
- Treatment Timer – the unit automatically switches off after the set duration ends and/or when the intensity has remained at zero for more than 5 minutes
- Memory – settings to remember and return to the last program used
- Multi-Turn Rotary Controls - simple rotary controls to provide more accurate alterations in intensity
- Large LCD Display – with clear, bold font to allow clearer visibility for all users
- Intensity Lock - intensity controls can be locked to avoid any accidental changes in the level of stimulation
What is in the box?
- Target TENS Pain Relief unit
- Belt clip
- 2 x lead wire (L-TN20)
- 1 x pack of 4, 50 x 50mm superior self-adhesive electrode pads (E-CM5050)
- 2 x AA 1.5v Lithium batteries (B-AA)
- Instruction manual
- Storage pouch
Quality Value Price
Works for arthritisReview by Jonathan / (Posted on 3/21/2016)Helps me when I need it for pain, I just wish the box came with extra pads for the $79 but otherwise it is a good device.*