You have no items in your shopping cart.
Drug-free Pain Relief
The Perfect TENS unit provides pain relief from a variety of conditions including back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, period pain and spondylitis.
With its simplistic design, the Perfect TENS is portable, lightweight and includes 8 preset programs and manual settings specifically designed to provide safe and effective pain relief at the touch of a button.
The Perfect TENS uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relieve pain by helping the body to release natural painkillers (called endorphins), and b) by blocking pain signals to the brain.
Self-adhesive electrode pads deliver small electrical impulses through the skin and stimulate the nerves in the affected area - providing drug-free, long-lasting pain relief in the comfort of your own home.
HOW “TENS” WORKS
T.E.N.S. stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
T.E.N.S. stimulates your body’s own natural defenses against pain, namely the release of endorphins. TENS is totally safe and has been used successfully by thousands of pain sufferers.
TENS sends a gentle stimulation through the skin which works in TWO ways:-
It stimulates the sensory nerves, which carry touch and temperature signals. These nerves go to the same connections in the spine as the nerves carrying pain. A strong sensory signal will block the pain signal travelling up the spine to the brain. This is known as closing the “Pain Gate” and takes effect quite quickly after the unit is switched on. You can use TENS several times a day, for as long as you like.
At low frequency settings, and slightly stronger outputs, TENS drives the motor nerves to produce a small repetitive muscle contraction. This is seen by the brain as exercise, and this promotes release of endorphins - your body’s own natural pain killer. The relief builds up and normally takes about 40 minutes to reach a maximum level which can last for hours after the machine is switched off.
By using TENS you can expect to achieve a significant reduction in pain if not complete relief from pain.
• TENS is effective for pain from a very wide range of causes.
• It doesn’t appear to provide relief from internal pain other than period pain.
• You can use low frequency (<10 Hz) programs on acupuncture points, to achieve similar effects to acupuncture.
• With neurogenic pain (caused by inflamed nerves) such as shingles and neuralgia, TENS may start by increasing the pain.
We recommend that you only use TENS for these conditions under medical supervision.
• You can safely use TENS as long as it gives you pain relief. The effect may wear off after a few hours (this is called “accommodation”).
If this happens, take a break of an hour or so before trying again.
If you use settings that cause muscle movement for more than about 40 minutes, you may experience aching muscles a few hours later.
There are no known side effects to TENS use and long-term TENS use is not harmful.
Key features of the Perfect TENS include:
- Treatment Timer – allows the user set the session duration (between 10-60 mins) and to select manual parameters for adjustment
- Open Circuit Detection – detects if the electrode pads are not correctly connected to your body, automatically resetting the strength setting to zero, eradicating any sudden changes of intensity if the connection is re-established
- Comfortable stimulation - provides gentle TENS stimulation with 60 steps of intensity
- Automatic Keypad lock – automatic keypad locking if the unit remains unused for 30 seconds to prevent any accidental changes in settings
- Detachable Belt Clip - enables you to clip the unit onto your belt or waistline
- 8 Preset Programs - including a Han Stimulation program and 1 additional program with a wide range of settings
- Manual Programs - with easily adjustable settings to suit your needs
- Easy Start Program Memory - easily return to the last program and setting used
- Dual Channel - 2 channels to treat 2 areas at the same time, with 4 electrode pads
PLEASE NOTE: The electrode pads need to be applied directly to the skin before the intensity increase buttons will operate. If the Perfect TENS detects the unit is not properly connected to you (for example if the pads or leads come loose) then the unit switches the intensity to zero. This safety feature prevents any unpleasant changes in output.
What is in the Box?
- Perfect TENS Pain Relief unit
- Belt Clip
- 2 x Lead wires (L-CPT)
- Pack of 4, 50x50mm, Self-adhesive Electrode Pads (E-CM5050)
- 2 x AA 1.5V Alkaline Batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Storage Pouch
Price Value Quality
Tens devices are old newsReview by Joanne / (Posted on 9/28/2017)I feel like I wasted money buying this device, it is old tech like dr. ho and doesn't really work for me. My friend Kim purchased the HandyRx from you and I share it with her, it works so well. I feel like I already spent money and will not likely buy now the HandyRx myself unless it is on special.
Price Value Quality
Simple + deliversReview by Reuben / (Posted on 3/21/2016)Just wanted to let people know this device although simple does exactly the work it is meant for. I use it mostly for my lower back.*